Sunday, December 31, 2006

Xmastime in Norway

Even though it was quite a shock to fill my lounges with air holding just a temperature of -5 degrees celsius after spending two weeks in +40, I quite quickly got used to the Norwegian cold and culture again. Business is as usual up north, and this xmas my familiy has celebrated at Skarnes @ my grandmother's.

Double-Moe-7 all dressed up and ready to eat xmas porridge and open his presents.


Look what I got! A plastic bag with chocolate pieces glued to it! (It was a nice shirt in the bag)


Familiy dinner on xmas day


My sister guarding the xmas tree and the presents from the dogs and her brother


The world's greatest grandmother!

Other than that, it has finally started snowing! Yesterday, me and Audun went on a 35km cross-country trip at Skei, a small skiiing resort in Gausdal. I had quite a few discussions with kiwis and aussies abouth xmas is suppose to be snowy or sandy. I prefer snow - the below pictures get me in the xmas mood.

View from my house

Christian with his afternoon smile

An average afternoon in Øyer

At xmas, I prefer this view to beaches. All other times of the year, I prefer the beach, though.

New Years Eve will be spent with friends - we are planning sledgeride into 2007. I will of course bring pictures from this event @ later stage. Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home